Coatings, Buffering and Cabling Materials
OFS’ broad product offering of telecommunications and specialty optical fibers, cables, and assemblies are used in a broad spectrum of applications from the benign to the extremely harsh.
OFS offers a variety of coating, buffer, and cable jacket options to meet the requirements of their specific operating environment.
Some of the materials we have applied to our custom optical fiber products include:
- High-Temperature Acrylate
- Fluoropolymers (PFA, FEP, ETFE, PVDF)
- PEEK (Polyether Ether Ketone)
- PBT (Polybutylene terephthalate)
- PP (Polypropylene)
- PE (Polyethylene)
- PA (Polyamide)
- LSZH (Filled FR PE)
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
- PVDF (Polyvinylidene Floride)
Let our coatings engineers find a material suitable for the optical fibers in your application. Contact us to start the discussion.
- WHITE PAPER: Acrylate-based coatings for high-temp and harsh environments are discussed in a white paper authored by
Dr. Stolov of OFS. To read this paper, click here >>