Quality Assurance – Lean Manager – Norcross, GA
OFS Fitel LLC, a world class leader in the manufacture of optical fiber and cable has an opportunity available for a Quality Assurance/Lean Manager at our optical fiber manufacturing facility in Norcross, Georgia.
This position requires a systems thinker who will design and implement procedures to support our business goals while ensuring safety and quality standards are met. The position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the ISO9001 Quality Management System and will also provide the primary Lean facilitation and training for the site. In addition, the position will:
- Drive improvement in our Quality Management System as we upgrade to ISO9001:2015
- Facilitate continuous improvement through use of all tools available (Value Stream Maps, TPS, 5S, TPM, SMED, Standard work, etc.)
- Develop standard work, project management and other business processes (process flow, best practices and lesson learned) and participate in special projects in support of developing/promoting OFS’ Production System
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Refresh our documented procedures for the modern world; this includes incorporating video instructions, web pages, point of use signs and any other techniques to streamline capturing, training and enforcing the standardized procedures
- Supervise Internal Quality Audit Program
- Manage our raw material control program, calibration system and corrective/preventative actions
- Lead a cultural change toward increased engagement, ownership and self- discipline
- Applies various quality tools and performs root cause analysis to solve problems. Leads company initiative on Lean activities which includes leading small group activities (SGA) and kaizens for measureable improvement in safety, quality and productivity
- Insures Lean strategy is consistent with management strategy
- Train employees on Lean and continuous improvement tools
- Share Lean best practices with other OFS facilities
- Coordinate and/or facilitate internal and external Lean and continuous improvement events including SGA’s, kaizen and value stream mapping
- Facilitate, lead and train others through these events by using the following tools: 5S, SMED, TPM, Kanban implementation, Visual Controls, Single piece flow, automation, logistics, etc.
- Grow into the primary customer interface for quality planning and complaint resolution
- Own and improve our change management, new product process and documentation control processes
Working at OFs means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation and discover new solutions for the future. In addition to our dynamic work environment, OFS offers a competitive salary and benefits program including medical, dental, vision and a matching 401(k) plan.
- B. S. degree in manufacturing/industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or a related field
- Three to five years’ experience working with Lean and continuous improvement tools
- A proven track record influencing others in the organization. People management experience is a plus
- Formal training in Lean/Six Sigma tools
- Experience in manufacturing
- Self-motivated, independent worker
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to influence others
- Presentation and training/facilitation skills and experience
- Working knowledge of statistical quality control methodologies, including SPC, 6 Sigma, design of experiments, lot acceptance, sampling plans and gage R&R
- Ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with MS Office and statistical software
- Strict adherence to Company safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to accomplish measureable results in a timely manner
- Must have strong leadership skills, with the ability to recognize and solve problems affecting production
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
Qualified candidates should submit a resume by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.