Manufacturing Process Engineer – Sturbridge, MA
OFS has one of the longest and most respectable corporate lineages in American business, which goes back to Alexander Graham Bell and the invention of the telephone more than a century ago. Our mission is to provide leading optical innovations and solutions by designing, manufacturing and supplying the best optical fibers, fiber cable and components for our customers' optical infrastructure, with exceptional service that creates value for our shareholders, customers and employees. To do so, we must continue shaping the future of communications by applying the best minds to the challenges our customers will continually face.
We are looking for a self-motivated and energetic Manufacturing Process Engineer with a high level of safety awareness and strength in process development to support our Manufacturing Engineering department in Sturbridge, MA.
The successful incumbent will develop, troubleshoot and optimize our fiber production processes. They will identify opportunities to improve cost, quality, yield and productivity and then lead them to fruition. They will lead projects, develop new manufacturing techniques, and interface with R&D in coordinating the release of new products.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics, or a related technical field is required. Master’s degree is preferred. Recent graduates are welcome to apply but we would prefer 5 to 7 years of similar manufacturing experience. Other competencies and experiences the successful candidate will have include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are vital. Teamwork is a fundamental strength of our entire group. The successful candidate must mix easily with their colleagues, and be someone that others are keen to collaborate with. They must enjoy working in diverse groups to achieve collective successes. If you prefer to work alone, then this is not the right position for you
- The deployment of our team is flexible; we help our employees build a broad knowledge base and then apply our talents to any part of the business as opportunties present themselves. You must have a desire to drive and embrace change every day, and be able to do so with a calm and mature demenor
- Must have a passion for troubleshooting and developing manufacturing processes. We primarily provide every day support to the manufacturing team and then spend the rest of our time on development efforts. You must be able to empathize and help the manufacturing team at all levels
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude, be willing to take ownership of a problem, and make sound decisions. You should streamline your work to deliver quality results with pace
- Exceptional project management and team leadership skills are required
- Prior experience with optical fiber manufacturing is a plus
- Electrical and programming skills are a plus
- Experience with LEAN principles including leading Kaizen events is desirable
Working at OFS means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation and discover new solutions for the future. In addition to our dynamic work environment, we offer a competitive salary and generous benefits programs, including medical, dental and a matching 401(k) plan.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume (which must include salary history) by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.