Customer Support Engineer – Carrollton, GA
OFS Fitel, LLC, a leading manufacturer of optical fiber, fiber cable, and connectivity components for our customer’s optical infrastructure has an immediate opening for a Customer Support Engineer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible to train and consult with OFS prospective, newly aquired, and existing customers in the value propositions, applications supported, installation, testing, and use of OFS Optical fiber solutions, fiber, cabling and connectivity. This includes the OFS OSP cable portfio of ADSS, Loose tube, Ribbon, and Microcables, and optical connectivity supporting long haul, regional, metro, FTTX, FTTB, FTTH, and fiber in the buidling and business, operating in collaboration with sales and independently.
Other key responsibilities include the investigation of onsite and remote customer complaints and warranty claims, recording of evidence, and to report and/or send evidence to responsible OFS business unit. This position will document all activities and customer interacations on a weekly basis or as required to S&PS, Quality Engineering, and PLM as needed, and input into S&PS data base. Also, the Customer Support Engineer will negotiate and/or faciliate negotiations of warranty claim resolutions functioning as the intermediary between the customer and OFS. The position will also be responsible to gather competitive intelligence and foster new customer opportunites, document, and convey to Sales, S&PS and PLM. The travel requirement is projected to be 30% of calendar days.
- BS in Engineering or Science
- Self-directed and able to function efficiently with remote supervision
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Word
- Strong presentation skills- verbal and written
- Desire and interest to occasionally perform “hands on” work such as fiber optic cable handling and installation, fusion splicing, and optical test measurements
- Ability and willingness to balance multiple priorities efficiently and effectively
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Fiber Optic OSP Cable field engineering and customer support engineering, installation, OTDR testing, and onsite customer training
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in ADSS optical cable applications engineering and technologies
- Fiber Optic connectivity field engineering and customer support engineering, installation, testing, and customer training experience – two (2) years minimum
- Proficient in analyzing and accurately interpreting OTDR measurement traces
- Expert understanding of Fiber Optic OSP cable technologies, optical fiber technologies, optical connectivity technologies, installation, and testing
- Experience in all aspects of optical fiber testing; specifically expertise in OTDR operation and trouble-shooting optical fiber systems, experience and/or expertise in outside/inside plant cable installation methods and construction/installation equipment
- Supervisory experience working in the OSP fiber optic cable and connectivity manufacturing industry
- Passport enabling travel to all EMEA countries
Working at OFS means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation and discover new solutions for the future. In addition to our dynamic work environment, we offer competitive salaries and generous benefits programs, including medical, dental and a matching 401(k) plan.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.