Manufacturing Applications Developer – Norcross, GA
OFS Fitel LLC, a world class leader in the manufacture of optical fiber and cable has an opportunity available for a Manufacturing Applications Developer in the Corporate Information Technology organization at our headquarters in Norcross, Georgia.
The successful candidate will operate in a fairly complex, fast-paced environment requiring a strong understanding of the manufacturing process and experience architecting and developing ASP.NET C# applications and integrating with other systems such as ERP systems (SAP). The candidate will be expected to gather and assess the requirements, design, develop, develop and support the application. The candidate must be familiar with manufacturing environments and systems including routings, bill of materials, operations, measurement, traceability, etc. The successful candidate will be a member of the IT Corporate Application group based out of Norcross, GA, however will be expected to travel to other sites for periods of time especially during the requirements, testing and implementation phases.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related field
- 7+ years of professional experience in dynamic IT environments designing and developing ASP.NET C# applications and tools
- Development of manufacturing execution systems other 24/7 transactional environments
- Solid experience in developing, designing and supporting larger, more complex applications
- Good knowledge of integration with ERP systems. (SAP is desired)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be able to express your ideas and understand others using both verbal and written communications
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Strong experience with MS Visual Studio 2010 or higher with ASP.NET C# and in building web services and interfaces using Microsoft Web API and follow industry standards such as REST, JSON and XML
- Strong experiences with databases, particularly Oracle and MS SQL and a plus with Sybase and MySQL
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. You can submit a resume by clicking on the
button below to begin the self-identification process.
OFS Fitel LLC, a Georgia based company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.