IT Support Specialist (Tier 2) – Norcross, GA
OFS Fitel, a Norcross, Georgia based global company and a world leader in Optical Fiber and Optical Cable manufacturing, is seeking a qualified candidate for an IT Support Specialist – Tier 2.
OFS offers a fairly complex, high paced IT environment supporting corporate and manufacturing equipment and users. The candidate is the second level of IT support for our users and equipment which is primarily a Windows 7 environment and related technologies and equipment such as printers. The candidate must have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
The candidate will be a part of the IT Corporate Infrastructure Group.
Job Requirements, Essential Skills and Qualifications
Candidates should have functional skills in the following areas with detailed understanding and experience:
- 5+ years of IT professional experience working with Windows PCs, networks, and printers
- At least an associate’s degree in Computer Technology, Electronics, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or experience
- Experience in dynamic and complex enterprise and 24/7 manufacturing IT environments or similar
- Solid knowledge and experience with Windows 7 PCs connected to corporate domains is required
- Knowledge of other Windows versions such as Windows NT, 2000, XP, 10 desired
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to quickly resolve any issues and return equipment to working order
- The candidate should understand how the different IT technologies work together, be interested in constantly learning more and be a quick learner
- The candidate should communicate well with end users with a friendly customer service type behavior as well as communicate more technically with IT team members
- Ability to work independently and with team members
All interested candidates, who possess the skills and experience to be successful in this position, can submit a resume by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.