Process Engineer – Carrollton, GA
Department: EngineeringCompany Overview
Report to: Senior Engineering Manager
OFS Fitel, LLC, a global manufacturer of fiber optics cable and apparatus, is seeking a Process Engineer for its Cable Division located in Carrollton, Georgia, approximately 50 miles west of Atlanta.
The Process Engineer is responsible for direct support of various manufacturing processes in the Carrollton Cable facility. The job functions include troubleshooting process related problems; development of new products and processes; design tooling, machines and components to improve existing processes; improve processes by performing trials and creating operating guidelines to document changes.
The Process Engineer also creates specifications for new equipment and is involved in the layout and commissioning of equipment and materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Root cause corrective actions and scrap reduction
- Improving process yields, through-put, flexibility, productivity and capacity
- Developing and improving processes; and documenting procedures
- Use of six-sigma methods including SPC, FMEA, CpK, and A3 reports
- Designing, specifying and commissioning tools, equipment, tests and methods
- Determining and communicating process capabilities to meet customer requirements
- Coordinating with the training department
- Supporting introductions of new materials
- Interaction with sister cable plants in Brazil, Germany, Russia and Asia
- Reports to and receives instructions from the Senior Engineering Manager
Working at OFS means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation and discover new solutions for the future. In addition to our dynamic work environment, we offer competitive salaries and generous benefits programs, including medical, dental, tuition reimbursement and a matching 401(k) plan.
- BS Engineering
- Experience with plastics extrusion
- 5 - 7 years’ experience manufacturing engineering
- Six-sigma and Lean experience
- MS Office and CAD software capabilities
- Specific accomplishments such as scrap reduction, throughput improvements, project management, Six-Sigma projects, Lean support and process stabilization
If you’d like to be part of an energetic, world leader in optic fiber solutions, please submit your resume (including salary information) by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Relocation assistance “is not” offered with this position.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.