Process Engineer – Draw/Post Draw Fiber Manufacturing – Norcross, GA
OFS Fitel LLC, a leading manufacturer of optical fiber has an opportunity for a Process Engineer in our Draw/Post Draw Fiber Manufacturing organization located at the OFS manufacturing facility in Norcross, Georgia.
- Plan and implement projects to maintain and improve process equipment and facility operations
- Responsible to create new and modify existing documents necessary to support projects associated with fiber optic manufacturing process improvements and facility systems
- Manage existing CAD files and documents in support of the operation
- Generate detailed drawings (mechanical, P&ID, structural, piping, etc) and solid models as well as performing design of complex mechanical parts/assemblies
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with a variety of CAD software packages and proven ability to learn new software quickly
- Knowledge of Six Sigma practices
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to work with a diverse team of technical and non-technical staff
- Take on lead role for short and long term projects and see through to completion with minimal supervision
- Microstation, Unigraphics, SolidWorks and Matlab is desired
- Excellent documentation, communication and presentation skills
Working at OFS Fitel LLC means working in a fast-paced, high tech, high energy environment. In addition to a dynamic work environment, OFS offers a competitive salary and benefit package including medical, dental and a matching 401k plan.
Qualified candidates can submit resumes by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.
OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.