Global Quality & Technical Manager – Norcross, GA
OFS Fitel LLC, a world class leader in the manufacture of optical fiber and cable has an opportunity available for a Global Quality & Technical Manager based at our Corporate Headquarters in Norcross, Georgia.
This position will manage quality levels and expectations of the OFS external global supplier base. The Global Quality and Technical Manager will report to and work in conjunction with Global Supply Chain (Cable & Fiber) in support of the Global Raw Material Strategies and be an integral part of the global materials team. This position will also serve as the main interface between OFS Global Supplier, Sites, and Quality Assurance Mangers. This position will support the factory quality representatives and engineering to ensure the materials received by all OFS factories meet industry specifications and, manufacturing requirements. The incumbent will maintain a strong focus on global supplier scorecards, supplier audit scheduling and providing audit summaries to all OFS locations and materials teams. The position will also manage Supplier Quality information on the SharePoint shared drive.
The Global Quality & Technical Manager will support the engineering, specification and design requirements of the global standardization of cable production equipment and quality for CapEx projects. This will include working directly with OFS Process Engineering teams and equipment suppliers to oversee adherence to equipment specification requirements, equipment processing requirements, factory acceptance testing such equipment, and the on-site commissioning support at OFS factory locations. In addition, the position will support Logistics/ Transportation and Trade Compliance initiatives as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Documented experience working with external suppliers
- Familiarization with Fiber and Cable raw materials and related production equipment and manufacturing processes
- Proficiency using quality and lean manufacturing tools and statistical software applications and with Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification required (within one year of employment)
- ISO-9000 Lead Assessor certificate preferred
Qualified candidates should submit a resume by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.