Procurement Planning Materials Manager - FEIM Connectivity Division
--- Internal Applicants Only ---
OFS Fitel, LLC, a global manufacturer of fiber optics cable and connectivity accessories, is seeking a Procurement/Planning Manager for our FEIM Connectivity Division.
The purpose of the Procurement / Planning-Materials Manager's job is to manage the daily procurement and inventory control activities for the FEIM site. This individual will support the objectives of OFS Connectivity in direct alignment with the needs of the FEIM facility. In accordance, they will also be accountable to the OCS Sr. Supply Chain Manager as well as the General Manager of FEIM. In addition to providing goals and objectives for support purchasing personnel, the Manager will provide leadership and guidance to ensure attainment of site and assigned goals.
The Purchasing / Planning-Materials Manager will perform planning activities in support of production needs based on forecasted information provided by the OCS Demand Planner. This individual will work in direct unison with the OCS-Carrollton Purchasing Manager to ensure complete alignment with the overall objectives of the Connectivity division. The Procurement / Planning-Materials manager will provide monthly inventory analyses to both the OCS Controller and Supply Chain Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all procurement and planning activities in accordance with FEIM OCS production needs
- Review forecasting data received from the Business Demand Planner and convert to actual stocking and material needs in support of business demands
- Monitor and manage inventory levels to meet Turns targets set by the organization.
- Coordinate “traffic” requests for both inbound (RMs) and outbound (FGs) shipments
- Monitors electronic promise acknowledgements and advance ship notification (ASNs) from EDI suppliers
- Responsible for second level escalation of customer order change request such as; expediting, method of shipment, cancellations, ship to address and quantity changes
- Takes corrective action on blocked supplier invoices
- Maintains material master data and product groups in SAP ERP System for FEIM
- Gathers and reports weekly demand number including: inventory data for monthly sales, inventory and production planning process
- Creates Master Production Schedules for assigned products
- Supports development and use of the OCS Supply Chain Supplier Rating System
- Establishes and maintains documentation to support TL9000 registration
- Supports Customer Quality Inquiry (CQI) process to respond to customers with short term corrective actions
- Support cost reduction efforts to realize product cost reduction objectives and manage departmental expenses within approved budge
- Bachelor's Degree in Purchasing, Business, Engineering or Operations Management
- Minimum 5 -7 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with a focus on Production Planning or Procurement
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) required
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Computer skills in basic software programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- SAP R3 ERP experience preferred
- Key competencies include: Use of SAP R3 ERP system, forecasting, production planning, master planning and supplier management
OFS employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority.
OFS Fitel LLC, a Georgia based company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.