Solar Farm Controls
Harnessing the Sun’s Energy, the Industrial Way
Seeking clean and environmentally friendly ways to produce electricity, many are considering solar energy. With advances in photovoltaic (PV) and thermal energy harvesting, clean and inexhaustible solar energy is now more efficient and economical than ever before. The advantages of solar are well-known: improved energy security through distributed generation, an energy source that is natural and reliable, import-independent and sustainable, a reduced carbon footprint and a good counter-balance to help keep prices of traditional fuels in check.
Solar farms, both PV and Solar Thermal, rely on industrialized networks to efficiently and reliably track the sun, thus optimizing conversion of solar energy to electricity. In today's most advanced solar farms, these complex networks require robust, dielectric data links comprised of ruggedized fiber optic connections and easy-to-use field connectorization.
Taking advantage of OFS' GiHCS® (graded-index HCS®) industrial cabling solution, with new crimp & cleave LC, SC and SC-RJ connector products, greatly simplifies the installation and repair of these networks, especially when running Fast or Gigabit Ethernet.
For installations with space limitations we also offer the LC duplex and SC-RJ, a small form factor version of SC that consumes no more footprint than a traditional RJ-45 twisted-pair connector.
The GiHCS system provides distinct advantages for installation in the harsh conditions found in remote solar farm sites:
- Wide operating temperature for exposed installations
- All dielectric, lightning resistant cables
- Robust designs, suitable for humid environments
- Rugged, simple-to-learn, simple-to-use LC, SC connectors compatible with commonly available SFP (LC) GBIC (SC) transceivers: field termination and insertion loss kits
- Hand-held tools, no gluing, curing or polishing
GiHCS, LSZH/OFNR Riser Rated Industrial Cables:
- For Fast (100 Mb/sec) and Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mb/sec)
- Operating temperature: -20 to +80 °C
- For use indoors or outdoors
- High tensile strength
- Abrasion, vibration, and chemically resistant
- Heavy-duty construction cables
- PVC-free design
- RoHS and REACH compliant
Crimp & Cleave LC and SC Connectors and Kits:
- LC kits compatible with SFP transceivers
- SC kits compatible with GBIC transceivers
- No power, no epoxy, no gels, no polishing
- Easy to learn, quick to connect
- Optical fiber specialists not required
Back to Top