You will be reporting directly to the CFO of Denmark and you will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities.
You will also be involved in supporting presentations to the executive leadership team and will work closely with the CFO as well as the Plant General Manager.
You will ensure that the Brøndby plant has the systems and procedures in place to support effective daily financial management cost controls. You will work closely with functional leaders and their staffs to explore how the finance function can support their operations. In addition, you will partner with the CFO, senior leadership and IT-staff to continuously enhance and better integrate Finance and IT functions.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards regarding receipt of revenue, costs, and actual expenditures.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress, and keep senior leadership abreast of the organization’s financial details
- Assist the plant leadership in the annual budget and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare plans to actual results to identify, explain and correct variances as appropriate.
- Continuously collaborate to assess the financial efficacy of operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support operations.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and guidelines.
- Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
- Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance)
- Plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchase of raw material and operations costs)
- Analyze and report profit margins
- Organize an automated reporting structure to highlight financial data for decision making
Four to six years of accounting and finance experience with CPA firm or equivalent in Denmark.
Experience as a factory controller/ factory cost accountant is preferred and desirable. Followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial or production information to executive teams and external stakeholders.
You will ideally have experience in a complex organization that has multiple layers.
Other qualifications include:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and an unwavering commitment and stamina; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CFO, the responsibility for finance analysis and efficiencies in production
- Experience in data analysis and reporting in a structured manner with manufacturing exposure and R&D environment will be preferred.
- ERP and production systems (like SAP or JD Edwards or similar and/or advanced production gathering systems) experience preferred
- Be proficient in the use of Excel and related tools (such as Pivot Table creation and analysis) and knowledge of database tools.
- Solid experience coordinating internal audit activities, managing reporting, budget program development and analysis
- Commitment to mentoring, training and retaining a diverse team for planning and executing analysis reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Fluency in English and Danish – written as well as oral.
Would this be something for you?
We have made it easy for you to apply.
The recruitment process is handled by Speedrecruiters. This means that you do NOT have to write a time-consuming written application. Simply answer the detailed questions, which you can find by clicking here. It usually takes only 10-15 minutes to apply for a job – and you know, shortly thereafter, whether you have the opportunity to go forward in the process.
Just click here to visit the application page.
ABOUT OFS FITEL DENMARK (OPTICAL FIBER SOLUTIONS)
OFS is a leading supplier of optical fiber-based solutions worldwide with headquarters in Atlanta, USA. OFS is owned by Furukawa Electric Co., which is one of Japan’s major companies within communication equipment and electronics.
OFS Fitel Denmark develops, produces and sells its optic fiber-based solutions from the company in Brøndby with 230 employees. Solutions include optical fibers, fiber sensors, fiber lasers as well as other fiber components. The products are used in industries such as telecom, medico, oil & gas, surveillance and other industrial applications. More than 95% of goods are exported.
Please read more about OFS at www.ofsoptics.com