OFS has one of the longest and most respectable corporate lineages in American business, which goes back to Alexander Graham Bell and the invention of the telephone more than a century ago. We have a proven track record of being first in the industry with application specific fibers, optical connectors, ribbon cables, erbium doped fibers, Raman fiber lasers, fiber gratings and more. Our mission is to provide leading optical innovations and solutions by designing, manufacturing and supplying the best optical fibers, fiber cable and components and devices for our customers, with exceptional service that creates value for our shareholders, customers and employees. To do so, we must continue shaping the future of communications by applying the best minds to the challenges our customers will continually face.
We currently seek a Controls Engineer to join our division located in Avon, CT, and help support our continued business growth.
Under the guidance of a Senior Controls Engineer, the selected candidate will maintain existing manufacturing controls systems, modify existing programming to support new products and/or procedures and participate in development projects that require new controls systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sustain existing manufacturing controls systems to support production
- Improve existing systems as an integral part of manufacturing system
- Participate in various development project and engineering projects for new controls
- Work as part of a greater team (Mechanical Engineers, Project Managers, Customers, Vendors etc)
- Conform to all applicable safety standards for industrial machinery
- Perform other related duties as required by management
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred
- Minimum of 5 years on-the-job experience in a directly related position
- Must be proficient with Allen Bradley RSView, FTView, RSLogix (5, 500 & 5000), Studio 5000 PLC programming including Function Block Diagram (FBD), PID setup and tuning and Motion Control.
- Knowledge/experience with/in:
- Software development for control systems using (Visual Basic, C/C++ or other related languages/tools)
- Communications Protocols (RSLinx, Ethernet, ControlNET and Serial)
- Integration of Labview and other off the shelf controls systems into PLC logic
- Servo and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) drives and motors required
- Various sensors/actuators including thermocouples, MFC’s, encoders, pressure controllers, etc.
- Experience with machine guarding including safety relays and/or safety PLC’s and programming
- Must be able to write procedures, troubleshooting guides and software documentation
- Ability to create engineering drawings (wiring, equipment layout, etc.) utilizing AutoCad or similar software
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Working at OFS means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation and discover new solutions for the future. In addition to our dynamic work environment, we offer competitive salaries and generous benefits programs, including medical, dental, tuition reimbursement and a matching 401(k) plan.
Employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority.
If you’d like to be part of an energetic, world leader in optic fiber solutions, please click the button below to begin the resume submission process. Submissions must include salary information.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.
OFS, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.