OFS is a world-class leader in the manufacture of optical fiber. We currently seek a Software Developer to work at our location in Sturbridge, Massachusetts.
The candidate will operate in a complex, high paced environment requiring a strong understanding and experience developing user friendly custom applications with ASP.NET C# and C#.NET. The applications will have integration points with ERP systems (e.g. SAP) and a SQL Server production tracking system so the candidate should have experience with ERP systems and integration techniques. There will be collaboration opportunities both locally and globally across several functions such as Engineering. The candidate will be expected to assess requirements, design, develop, test, deploy and support in the effort of automating the communication and integration between systems (Full software development lifecycle / DevOps).
- Must have 5-7 years of programming experience showing growth, development and diversity of languages with most recent experience
- 3+ years of working with ASP.NET (4.0 or higher) C# applications and tools, including source control (like TFS), with most recent experience in Visual Studio 2013 or higher
- Hands on experience working in manufacturing or similar transactional-based environment
- Integration experience with external systems (ERP, PLC, etc.) with integration tools such as SSIS
- Strong experience designing and developing SQL database objects on MS SQL and Oracle
- An active learner; someone who aggressively seeks out new methods
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to work independently and within teams
- Communication and building comradery are key in our highly collaborative environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) is a plus
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Technical, or other related field
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Strong web forms and MVC experience, ASP.NET Core MVC experience
- ERP system experience (SAP preferred)
- Familiar with shorter development cycle times, often working on multiple applications
- Experience building web service interfaces using Microsoft Web API and following industry standards such as REST, JSON and XML
Preferred Experience of Knowledge
- Windows Forms / WPF / Windows Console Applications
- Developing reports with SSRS
- Visual Basic 6, C++, Siemens WinCC and/or LabView
- Experience with an Agile or Project Management environment is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. Interested candidates can submit a resume by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
OFS Fitel LLC, a Georgia based company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com