OFS has one of the longest and most respectable corporate lineages in American business, which goes back to Alexander Graham Bell and the invention of the telephone more than a century ago. We have a proven track record of being first in the industry with application specific fibers, optical connectors, ribbon cables, erbium doped fibers, Raman fiber lasers, fiber gratings and more. Our mission is to provide leading optical innovations and solutions by designing, manufacturing and supplying the best optical fibers, fiber cable and components and devices for our customers, with exceptional service that creates value for our shareholders, customers and employees. To do so, we must continue shaping the future of communications by applying the best minds to the challenges our customers will continually face.
We currently seek a Process Engineer to join our division located in Avon, CT, and help support our continued business growth.
The Process Engineer position is responsible for the design and development of new manufacturing processes/systems for specialty optical fibers, as an integral part of new product development and manufacturing system development plans. This position works closely with product development, manufacturing and production teams to ensure all requirements are fully-developed, understood and meet the goal to achieve a smooth transfer to manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to:
- Design and development of new manufacturing processes/system for new specialty optical fibers
- Carry out activities and plans for process improvement projects
- Develop, implement, and train production personnel to process procedures through ETQ system
- Contribute to Alpha production support
- Provide engineering support to fiber production, including trouble shooting and yield improvement
- Contribute to day-to-day engineering activities, such as processing pink sheet, answering CPARs, and facilitating CRs
- Works to improve existing manufacturing processes using Lean manufacturing concepts
- Provide technical support to customers
- Responsible for submitting and controlling fiber/process development project budget
- Perform other related duties as required by management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical, engineering discipline
- Two years relevant work experience desired
- Three to five years of experience in extrusion process and control is highly desired
- Must have strong skills in data analysis, statistics, and data-based decision making
- Project Management experience preferred
- Knowledge of optical fiber glass materials and coatings preferred
- Computer and programing skills preferred
- Understanding of optical waveguide and fundamentals of fiber optics preferred
- Experience with Lean manufacturing desirable
Working at OFS means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation and discover new solutions for the future. In addition to our dynamic work environment, we offer competitive salaries and generous benefits programs, including medical, dental, tuition reimbursement and a matching 401(k) plan.
If you’d like to be part of an energetic, world leader in optic fiber solutions, please send your resume to email@example.com. Submissions must include salary information.
OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org