OFS has one of the longest and most respectable corporate lineages in American business, which goes back to Alexander Graham Bell and the invention of the telephone more than a century ago. Our mission is to provide leading optical innovations and solutions by designing, manufacturing and supplying the best optical fibers, fiber cable and components and devices for our customers, with exceptional service that creates value for our shareholders, customers and employees. To do so, we must continue shaping the future of communications by applying the best minds to the challenges our customers will continually face.
OFS Fitel LLC, a leading manufacturer of optical fiber has an opportunity for an engineer in our Production Control organization located at the OFS manufacturing facility in Norcross, Georgia. This position reports directly to the Production Control Manager and works closely with the operations, process engineering, shipping and sales groups.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and optimization of the movement of raw materials and finished product between world-wide manufacturing facilities, inventory locations and to end customers
- Monitor and optimize in-process WIP and finish product inventory levels
- Develop production forecasts based on inputs from sales, marketing, operations and product management
- Manage non-standard orders
- Participate in customer specification reviews and report generation
- Analyze finished product quality and in-process yields
- Partner with purchasing, internal and 3rd party logistics operations to support production forecasts and shipment schedules
- Analyze data to support the above job responsibilities as well as the day to day operation of the production control group
- Team player and occasional leader
- Implement and drive projects and methods which lead to continuous improvement through-out the order fulfillment / supply chain processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and five years of manufacturing experience
- A strong knowledge of advanced Excel
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven ability to work with a diverse multicultural team of technical and non-technical staff
- Proven creative/innovative mindset and effective hands-on problem solving ability
- Take on lead role for short and long term projects and see through to completion with minimal supervision
- Ability to be available to address critical items in a timely manner (24/7)
- Experience with SQL Advantage or Microsoft Access, web based programming and Visual Basic
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt and Lean Manufacturing
- SAP 6.0 ERP experience
- Shipping and logistics related experience
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Excellent time management, setting priorities, motivational and organizational skills
Working at OFS means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation and discover new solutions for the future. In addition to our dynamic work environment, OFS offers a competitive salary and benefits program including medical, dental, vision and a matching 401(k) plan. OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority.
OFS, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
If you’d like to be part of an energetic, world leader in optic fiber solutions, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Relocation assistance “is not” offered with this position.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com