Furukawa Electric Morocco, a global manufacturer of fiber optics cable and apparatus, is seeking a Production Supervisor for its Cable activity located in Tangier, Morocco.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for all daily manufacturing activities inclusive of meeting daily delivery schedules, ensuring acceptable quality and maintaining a safe and positive work environment.
Supervises the activities of manufacturing personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling personnel to ensure maximization of daily labor costs in accordance with all production scheduling requirements
- Solely responsible for the scheduling of overtime, vacations and planning for training needs
- Ensuring that all scheduled machines are operated efficiently and within all specified guidelines
- At a minimum, ensuring all critical Key Process Indicators (KPIs) are met. For example, scrap and remake reduction targets, safety, FPY, OEE and OTD
- Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly TPM, 6S Audits and Standard work are fulfilled on time and as expected
- Maintaining a consistent state of rigor and discipline coupled with unquestionable fairness and consistency
- Ensuring that related company and plant policies and procedures are followed, and exhibiting fair and consistent behavior relative to taking disciplinary measures when necessary
- Responsible for communicating / coordinating with other Production Supervisors, Planning, Procurement, Process Engineering, Maintenance and Quality to ensure production demands are fully supported and delivery expectations are met in an efficient and cost effective manner. Additionally, will be fully responsible for upholding the voice of the customer and to support full compliance with all ISO manufacturing and safety requirements
- “Engineering diploma”: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial or Electrical Engineering,…
- Six-sigma and Lean experience
- 2-5 years’ experience manufacturing with a leading manufacturing company
- Ability to use all foundation skills necessary to apply them creatively to solve standardized and non-standardized problems. Must have a broad knowledge of such functions as basic accounting, report preparation, workflow, equipment operation, equipment maintenance, quality standards, and team behavior
- Must be a good communicator who can plan, organize, monitor, and troubleshoot problems related to equipment, machinery and operating parameters in a manufacturing environment which requires adhering to, and achievement of established levels of performance and standards
- Must interface well in managing through conflict resolution and coaching
- Mastery of all four basic arithmetic functions including fractions, with speed and accuracy and with the ability to use these skills in a variety of practical business applications. Ability to use standard formulas for solving problems such as computing work loads, estimation of production completion times, production data analysis, and planning for optimized production flow
Employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority
Furukawa Electric Morocco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
If you’d like to be part of an energetic, world leader in optic fiber solutions, please click the button below to begin the resume submission process.