The Solutions Engineer will work closely with customers to learn their latent and stated pain points, lead and coordinate efforts of OFS to configure a customer valued solution, and support sales to position the solution to generate incremental profitable revenue for OFS. The applications supported will be 4G/5G wireless front haul and backhaul, FTTx and
Metro/Regional/Long Haul, and may be supported by combinations of OFS optical fiber, cable, connectivity, professional services, or fusion splicers. He or she must deeply engage the customer to learn their known and unrecognized (latent) pain points, and configure a solution to meets the pain points. If existing solutions or products do not satisfy these needs, the Solutions Engineer submits the solution or product description, requirements, projected revenue, and competitive alternatives in a request to the PLM team for consideration to develop and deliver a new and winning solution easing the pain points through differentiated new solutions and/or products. The Solutions Engineer will create value proposition messages and tools that compel customers to buy the solution or product vs. competing alternatives, and train and support the sales team to effectively deliver the value proposition. The travel requirement is anticipated to be 20% – 25% of calendar days per year. The position will be located in OFS Global Headquarters in Norcross, GA, USA.
- Support account manager in sales campaigns to increase OFS solution and product adoption that meet or exceed OFS profitability targets
- Create opportunity statements into OFS PLM describing the value proposition vision, solution and/or product requirements, projected pricing, demand and revenue over time, and competing solutions/risks. Consult with R&D/PLM during product development to assure new solutions/designs meet customer requirements.
- Create PowerPoint Presentations, videos, publications, and cost/performance comparison tools elucidating the value proposition of OFS Telecom Solutions and products. Continuously manage and update these materials to keep them effective accounting for changes in OFS solutions/products, customer needs and competitor positioning.
- Engage Marketing Communications group to create solution guides and application engineering guides.
- Deliver presentations and conduct webinars to customers, conveying in a clear and intuitive manner the value proposition of OFS Telecom Solutions and products.
- Provide pre and occasionally post sales hands on training and support field trials on the value, use, and installation of OFS Telecom Solutions and products.
- Provide consultative technical and solution inputs to RFP responses.
- Stay current on OFS and customer new technology developments, competitor positioning and offers, and adjust OFS solutions and messaging to optimally improve OFS financial results.
- BS in engineering, physics, or equivalent experience.
- Aptitude and interest in configuring and designing systems comprised of multiple interrelated products optimized to meet a specific set of requirements.
- Demonstrated outstanding written, oral communications and interpersonal/teamwork skills.
- Confident, clear, and compelling presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and adjust to multiple changing priorities.
- Aptitude and interest in teaching and training.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel, Expert with MS-PowerPoint.
- BS, MS or experience in Business, Sales, or Marketing.
- Proficient with CAD or equivalent design program(s).
- Experience in successfully developing, creating, or marketing technology based solutions serving optical communications markets.
- Understanding of FTTH, Data Center, Long Haul, and OSP businesses, architectures, technologies, and systems including associated optical fiber cabling and connectivity.
- Experience creating compelling technical marketing collateral including PowerPoint presentations, white papers, videos, and trade articles, resulting in increased profitable sales revenue and business development.
- Experience preparing and confidently delivering clear, concise, and fluid power point presentations to customers and sales teams that effectively market a product or solution to drive profitable revenue.
- Experience working with or at optical network based service providers.
Working at OFS means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation and discover new solutions for the future. In addition to our dynamic work environment, OFS offers a competitive salary and benefits program including medical, dental, vision and a matching 401(k) plan. OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority.
OFS, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
If you’d like to be part of an energetic, world leader in optic fiber solutions, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted. Relocation assistance is not offered with this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com