OFS Fitel, LLC, a global manufacturer of fiber optics cable and apparatus, is seeking Senior Manager, New Business Development.
OFS has one of the longest and most respectable corporate lineages in American business, which goes back to Alexander Graham Bell and the invention of the telephone more than a century ago. Our mission is to provide leading optical innovations and solutions by designing, manufacturing and supplying the best optical fibers, fiber cable and components and devices for our customers, with exceptional service that creates value for our shareholders, customers and employees. To do so, we must continue shaping the future of communications by applying the best minds to the challenges our customers will continually face.
The New Business Development group in OFS is responsible for developing new market channels through mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, setting up new entities and the commercialization of new ideas from OFS Labs. The work is conducted in close coordination with the relevant Business Units as well as Furukawa.
This position will primarily focus on use of fiber optic technology in analytical equipment, diagnostics for use in medical, pharmaceutical and similar markets.
Reports To: SVP, New Business Development
Location: Somerset, NJ* (*could also be located at another OFS site, to include Denmark).
Will require some travel to conferences, and meetings with potential customers and partners.
- Lead business development effort in two new application areas. Initial market assessment has been made and OFS has started R&D in the two areas
- Assist with the definition of longer-term projects with the Business Units and OFS leadership team
- Develop a strong R&D/business network both personally and for OFS R&D personnel
- Participate in other business development activities where relevant
- Master’s or Ph.D. in materials science and engineering, physics, chemistry, optics/optical engineering or related field
- Commercial and external project experience (customers, partners, etc.)
- Desire to learn and combine technical and commercial expertise
- Excellent communications skills
- Project management experience
- At least 5 years of experience in the field
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Ability to identify potential business opportunities and evaluate their viability
Working at OFS means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation and discover new solutions for the future. In addition to our dynamic work environment, OFS offers a competitive salary and benefits program including medical, dental, vision and a matching 401(k) plan. OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation assistance “is not” offered with this position.
Employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority.
If you’d like to be part of an energetic, world leader in optic fiber solutions, please click the button below to begin the resume submission process.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.
OFS, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.