The OFS broad product offering of telecommunications and specialty optical fibers, fiber optic cables, and optical fiber assemblies are used in a broad spectrum of applications from ambient to extremely harsh environments.
The coatings technologists at OFS can propose a variety of buffer and cable jacket options to meet the requirements of your specific operating environment.
Materials we have applied to specialty optical fibers include:
- High-Temperature Acrylate
- Polyetheretherketone PEEK
- Polybutylene terephthalate PBT
- Polypropylene PP
- Polyethylene PE
- LSZH (low-smoke, zero halogen) PE-PP
- Polyvinylchloride PVC
- Polyvinylidene Fluoride PVDF
- Polyurethane TPU
- Halogen free Flame retardant Polyurethane HFFR
- Hytrel TPE
- Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene ETFE
- Perfluoroalkoxy Teflon™ PFA
- Fluorinated ethylene propylene FEP
Let our coatings engineers find a material suitable for the optical fibers in your application. Contact us to start the discussion.