If an OFS off-the-shelf product is not quite what you are looking for, then perhaps you should be talking with OFS Labs.
The OFS Labs Research and Development group and Product Realization Center (PRC) work together to innovate new products and processes and ensure that the advances are ready for commercialization.
The Labs is staffed with world renowned scientists and holds a large patent portfolio to provide customized solutions to the many challenges that our customers face. Leveraging an understating that spans material science, fiber design and fabrication, beam combination, and laser and amplifier system design and testing, we work with you to arrive at a solution.
We not only provide initial prototypes, we align ourselves with you on iterations throughout the challenging design phase of your program where flexibility and redesign are important. Upon design completion, the product can then be produced by the PRC or seamlessly transferred to one of several OFS manufacturing sites.
Recent successes include:
- Large mode area PM and non-PM Er-doped optical fibers
- Large mode area PM and non-PM Yb-doped optical fibers
- Large mode area PM and non-PM passive optical fibers
- Novel fiber designs that allow large mode area with little or no higher order mode content
- Stimulated Brillouin scattering suppressing optical fibers
- 100 W 1480 nm sources
- Large mode area polarization maintaining pump signal combiners
- Large effective area (>2000 µm2) single higher order mode optical fibers
- Large effective area (>2000 µm2) higher order mode amplifiers
- 1 kW narrow linewidth amplifier modules