OFS Shape Sensor Optical Fiber
Optical fiber shape sensing is a form of distributed sensing that uses scattered signals from optical fibers to ascertain local curvature and twist and thus the shape of a given structure.
Twisted Multicore Fiber with Continuous Gratings
OFS has developed a technology platform to produce high quality twisted multicore optical fiber with continuous FBGs (Fiber Bragg Gratings) to meet critical 3D shape sensing specifications. OFS expertise in specialty glass preform design makes possible the manufacture of a wide range of fibers with optimized features such as multiple cores, selected cutoff, specific numerical aperture, and core to core spacing.
- Customizable high quality gratings provide good signal-to-noise ratio
- Precisely positioned gratings provide stable signal throughout the fiber
- No stripping and recoating provides high fiber integrity and strength
OFS manufacturing facilities and robust quality management system ensure optimal performance and peace of mind.
Related Shape Sensing Information
- White Paper: Multicore Optical Fiber Grating Arrays for Sensing Applications
- White Paper: Distributed Sensing Over Meter Lengths Using Twisted Multicore Optical Fiber With Continuous Bragg Gratings
- White Paper: Big data on the horizon from a new generation of distributed optical fiber sensors
- Shape Sensing Fiber Solutions – Data Sheet
- Why is the Fiber Twisted?
The Shape Sensor Optical Fiber is part of the LineaSens® brand.
OFS optical fibers and cables for fiber optic sensing applications.