At OFS we imagine, design, develop, and manufacture optimized optical fiber based solutions from conceptualization to customer end-use. Our specialty optical fiber products leverage the exceptional OFS product line matrix by adding innovative technologies and elements that further performance standards in harsh or technically challenging environments. OFS specialty optical fibers are application-specific and many times, unique-purpose products used in diverse applications that may require among other things optimal flexibility, environmental & temperature resistance, non-traditional operating wavelengths, and the ability to transmit high-power laser energy.
OFS specialty optical fibers can be customized with state-of-the-art coatings, buffers, and cabling materials to be resistant to abrasion, chemicals, radiation, biological exposure, solvents, high-temperature, shock, and vibration. By utilizing leading light management technology, unencumbered by traditional design and manufacturing, we satisfy our customers’ needs and enable their success.
OFS and its predecessor companies have continuously developed specialty fiber optic solutions since the mid-1970’s. Today, serving a diversity of industries, OFS continues to work closely with clients to ensure our products meet their specific needs, no matter how unusual or complex.
- Medical Solutions
- Aerospace & Defense Solutions
- Industrial Network Solutions
- Sensing Solutions
- Material Processing Solutions
- Energy Solutions
Application-Specific Fiber & Cable Solutions
- HCS® Optical Fibers and Cables
- GiHCS® Optical Fibers and Cables
- ClearLite® TruePhase® Polarization-Maintaining Optical Fibers
- GyroSil® Polarization-Maintaining Sensing Optical Fibers
- RightWave® Erbium-Doped Optical Fibers (EDF)
- Low Smoke Zero Halogen HCS Cables
- Industrialized Optical Fiber Cables
- Aerospace Optical Fiber Cables
- PYROCOAT® high-temperature optical fibers
- Medical grade cables
- Composite cables incorporating both optical fiber and copper wire
- HCXtreme® fibers for high power in tight bends
- µlinx® Optical Fiber Cables for lightweight, high strength applications
- Fiber Laser Components
- Crimp & Cleave SMA, ST, LC, V-Pin, and SC connector solutions
Specialty Coating Solutions
- Hermetic Carbon
- Single or Dual Urethane Acrylate
- PEEK and more . . .