The power network is changing. It needs the bandwidth and reliability of fiber. OFS brings unique solutions for fiber in the power network.
OFS FOX Solution® for Alternative Energy applications features several end-to-end solutions optimized to distribute fiber in the wind and solar farm for connection with the grid.
Solutions for the wind and solar farm:
- Fortex™ DT (Dry Tube) Loose Tube Cable
- SlimBox 12-Fiber Wall Mount Module
- 1RU Combination Panel
- Jumpers and pigtails
See below for a typical application of our products in the control box:
OFS brings a variety of connectorization options for MDU environments.
- All distribution systems, HomeRun Indoor and Outdoor MDU Cabling, V-Linx™ components, and riser cables are available in a variety of pre-connectorized lengths
- Pigtails, jumpers and patch cords are also available in customized lengths and configurations for no additional charge
Fusion splice-on connectors (FSOC) or Mechanical splice-on connectors (MSOC) can be installed on-site in the field. The main advantage of a field installable connector is to eliminate slack management issues.
- Fusion Splice-on Connectors use a cleaver and fusion splicer to splice a connector to the fiber. Available in a variety of connector ends with two different connector types
- Mechanical Splice-On Connectors only need a cleaver for installation. Available in a variety of common connector ends