Fiber optic gyroscopes (FOGs) are critical tools in many different platforms; aircrafts, missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), and ground vehicles all require advanced optical fiber navigation technology to ensure reliability and safety. OFS manufactures an array of products for such applications.
Our GyroSil® Rad-Hard PM (polarization-maintaining) optical fiber, with its pure silica core, provides the high performance needed in radiation environments. For applications where radiation is not a factor, our GyroSil PM Sensing Fibers feature 1550 nm and 840 nm polarization maintaining properties in reduced diameters. OFS also offers 80-µm erbium-doped fibers for use as a source in FOGs.
- Aerospace and Defense Solutions
- Optical Fiber Solutions for Sensing Applications
- GyroSil® PM Sensing Optical Fibers
- Radiation Performance of GyroSil® Rad-Hard PM Optical Fiber
- Reference Paper in Knowledge Base – Radiation Performance of Low Bend-Loss Optical Fiber
See all our optical fibers and cables for demanding fiber optic sensing applications.